What are ‘cookies’?
A Cookie is a small file of letters/numbers which are stored on your computer. They enable websites to function properly, and provide companies with business and marketing information in order to improve the online experience.
A cookie consists of information: when you visit a site, this send the cookie to your computer which is then stored in a file located inside your web browser
The purpose of cookies is to help websites keep track of your visits and activity
By ticking the below box, you are agreeing to us storing and accessing cookies, IP addresses and using other methods in order to collect website usage data.
- To ensure our customers receive a consistent service
- To improve our website’s ease of use
- Find where cookies are stored. Each browser manages cookies in a different location. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can find them by clicking “Tools” and then “Internet Options.” From there, select “General” and “Browsing history” and “Settings.” In Chrome, choose “Preferences” from the Chrome menu in the navigation bar, which will display your settings. Then expand the “Advanced” option to display “Privacy and security.” From there, open “Content settings” and “Cookies.”
- Manage your cookies. Every browser gives you a range of options for enabling or deleting cookies. Internet Explorer, for instance, allows you to manage cookies under “Privacy” and “Advanced.” In Chrome, find where cookies are stored as outlined above, then select your management options under “Cookies.”
Refer to guidance such as www.allaboutcookies.org for further information
- Deleting browser cookies can remove your opt out preferences, so you may need to opt out again.