If you’re planning a trip to South Africa, you have a lot to look forward to. Known for its exquisite beauty, the country boasts stunning landscapes, majestic mountain ranges, ocean vistas, and the capital of Cape Town, which has been deemed one of the top three most beautiful cities in the world. On the urban front, you will find designer shops, top-rated restaurants, art galleries, and more. And for students, South Africa is home to 26 public universities, distributed among each of its nine provinces.
Ship Your Luggage to South Africa
When it comes to travel arrangements, there is more good news about your trip to South Africa. Not only are there multiple flights and discounts available, but luggage shipping is easier now than ever before. In fact, you can avoid long lineups at the airport and the hassle of lifting heavy bags altogether by shipping your luggage ahead of time with our specialists at Luggage Delivery Company. All you need to do is fill out some information online, or be in touch by phone. We provide door-to-door service to any destination in the world.
With so much to do and see, the last thing you want to do is waste precious time on tedious paperwork, red tape at customs, and possibly locating lost luggage. Our experts at Luggage Delivery Company handle all your baggage shipping needs. We handle your cargo en route, complete all the necessary paperwork (including clearing customs), and allow you to track your luggage via state-of-the-art tracking technology.
South Africa Top Attractions
If you are vacationing in South Africa, be sure your itinerary includes some of the country’s most well-known and top-ranking tourist attractions. These include:
- View from the Table Mountain Cableway named one of the world’s Seven Wonders of Nature
- Kruger National Park
- Boulders Beach
- Dramatic land expanses such the Kalahari, Karoo, and Namakwa
- Blyde River Canyon
- The Big Hole, the world’s largest hand-dug excavation
- Wildlife-watching opportunities
- Whale-watching tours
- The Garden Route
South Africa Facts
If South Africa is your destination, here is some 411 you might find useful:
- The largest city in South Africa is Cape Town, followed by the second-largest city, Durban. Third in line is Johannesburg, which is famous for its large game reserves.
- The most commonly spoken language in South Africa is Zulu, however, English is the dominant language in the government and media and is understood in most urban regions.
- Although flights to South Africa tend to be expensive, prices once you get there are affordable. This is due to the weakness of the country’s currency, the South Africa Rand.
- South Africa is rich in minerals and mines, boasting nearly 90% of the world’s platinum metals and 41% of the world’s gold.
- To enter the country, you must obtain a valid visa. Both tourist and business visas are issued for a period of 90 days.
- Since November 2020, the Government of South Africa (under the leadership of President Ramaphosa) opened up international travel to all countries adhering to the necessary health protocols regarding the coronavirus and to travellers presenting a negative COVID-19 certificate.
South Africa Safety
Unfortunately for females, South Africa tops the Women’s Danger Index for violence against women and no one, male or female, should walk alone at night. Cape Town, however, and other large urban areas, are considered safe for travelling provided you use some common sense. It’s recommended that you book private transportation from the airport to your hotel, always lock your rented car, stay away from townships, and avoid displays of wealth such as flashy jewellery.
South Africa Most Popular Sports
If you are a sports enthusiast, South Africa is the place to go! Its favourable climate year-round make sports an everyday recreational activity, with the top spots going to rugby, cricket, soccer, tennis, and golf. Also popular and next in line are swimming, tennis, basketball, netball, and boxing.
However, the real reason extreme sports fans, adventure seekers, and those looking for a thrill flock to South Africa are the country’s more unique outdoor and water-based offerings. In fact, all nine provinces provide exciting opportunities for:
- Elephant-back Safaris
- Mountain Climbing
- Hang Gliding
- Deep-Sea Diving
- Shark Cage Diving
- Whale Watching
- Hot-Air Ballooning
Shipping Sports Equipment to South Africa
Fortunately, Luggage Delivery Company specializes in handling large equipment that weighs more than the typical 20 kg. suitcases. In fact, we provide one of the broadest lists of accepted baggage in the industry, and far greater than that allowed by the airlines. This list includes oversized suitcases, large backpacks, bicycles, office equipment, musical instruments, and a wide range of sporting equipment.
This means that when planning your trip to South Africa, not only can you can ship your own golf clubs, tennis rackets, surfboards, and water skis ahead of time, but you can add items such as canoes, kayaks, hang gliders, javelins, windsurf sails, and even pole vaults. All with a money-back guarantee that your unaccompanied baggage will be delivered safely and on time.
How to Pack Sports Equipment for Shipping
Your cargo is expensive, precious to you personally, and likely fragile, making it critical to pack properly. According to the experts at the Luggage Delivery Company, here is what you need to do: Obtain a suitable packing box. The latter may take the form of a single-walled cardboard rated to hold up to 22 pounds or more, a double-walled cardboard box rated to hold up to 66 pounds, as well as bubble wrap and packing peanuts to prevent damage en route. When you contact us, include packaging details as well as size (length, width, height), and weight.
You are now ready for a hassle-free trip to South Africa! So rest easy as you board the plane and look forward to seeing your luggage safely delivered at your destination location. Bon Voyage!